Sunday, November 2, 2008

Children are an Heritage of the Lord (Psalms 127:3)

Lately, I've been thinking about the wonderful blessing of children. As I see my own children having children of their own and seeing how beautiful these grandchildren are, memories of our children surface and bring tender feelings. So, I present to you my heritage.
Brooke in our first home- a 12 X 52 foot trailer.
























Blaire, at 1 year in our ancient precursor to the "bugaboo"










Breann at one year of age with her daddy feeding her. We lived in Korea at that time.



























Some favorite pictures from 1988 with dresses made by Fran Franzen. Aren't these children beautiful!


Easter 1992 at Fort Lewis


Christmas Angels in Puyallup. They're all grown up now.

And having babies of their own.

I can hardly believe how much love I feel for my grandchildren. I look forward to seeing them as much as I looked forward to seeing my own children when they were young. Grandfatherhood has given me a new perspective and it's wonderful.

5 comments:

Bennett Family said...

cutest post ever. i LOVE those girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

Wonderful pics... I don't have some of those! Love, love, love it!

PS Ready for grandchild #3? :)

Brooke said...

PS According to my calculations the trailor home was 624 square feet. That's not really that small, especially for just one kid that can't get around. Our place in Boston was only 782 square feet. We were fine:)

Anonymous said...

oh, dad thats sweet:)

Pettin'Tales said...

Dang, I think I have a little tear. That was tender, and cute!