Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Six weeks gone!

As most of you know I have been in Germany helping to care for our new granddaughter and very active 26 month old grandson.
Wow, I completely understand why God gives these little ones to the young.
I had a wonderful time bonding with them all, had some great food, learned that truly there are times when ONLY a MOTHER will do in the lives of their babies, (Benson and Sydney) and that I did miss my husband.
Its been a blessing to watch their family adjust to having an addition to their lives. They are finding it a lot different than just one child, but Benson loves and holds his new baby sister. He is very tender and kisses her often. I can't begin to tell you the amount of kisses they both got from gammie, (other wise known as Grammie). Benson dosen't say the R in grammie. I love it. Gammie fits!

2 comments:

Pettin'Tales said...

Patti, I think that your comment about "only a mother will do" was in reference to Benson and little miss Sydney. But, don't forget that when us new mommies are having new babies and dealing with toddlers, having OUR mothers around is the only that that will "do". I know Brooke loved having you there during that time - "only a mother will do".
By the way, you look beautiful in that last picture!

Brooke said...

I can't even begin to agree with Marci. Mom, you were everything I wanted and needed. I'm going to cry just thinking about you not being here. Thank you so much!