Sunday, April 26, 2009

Preston's Week with Poppy and Grammy

OK, so I don't post frequently. In fact, I just don't feel like I have the time to post blogs. I really do want to post information, but it seems I'm always busy trying to work on my patent, or just answering emails and working at the business of orthopaedics and spine surgery.
But, every once in a while, experiences so great or awesome require attention. Such was our week with Preston. The little guy is so cute and has such a fun personality that I've just got to write about it.
Preston loves tires and wheels. Anything that rolls he loves to play with. He'll roll cans from the pantry. He rolled the tray in the dishwasher across the wood floor. He rolled the stroller by himself.










He also squints(v., squint·ed, squint·ing, squints. v.intr.
To look with the eyes partly closed, as in bright sunlight.
To look or glance sideways.
To look askance, as in disapproval.
To have an indirect reference or inclination.
To be affected with strabismus.)
like his grandpa, aunt Breann and his Mom whenever he is concentrating on something. I think that people do this to eliminate all other distractions to their eyes so that in their minds-eye, they can focus acutely on whatever task they need to. It surely is genetic. Some people think it a grimmace. Some people just think it is a form of smiling.















The little guy just loves the outdoors. He tried to get out of the house every chance he got. With our large handles on the doors, he learned after seeing us open the door one time, that's right ONE TIME, how he could open any door in the house. He greatly enjoyed the property. It didn't matter what time of day, he was ready to go.










Most best of all, however, is he loves his poppy and grammy.









Watch for "Confessions of a Costcoholic" coming to a blogosphere near you.

4 comments:

The Johnson's said...

That's so cool that he squints. I think I saw him do that a couple times but didn't think anything of it. It just comes so naturally. I'm excited to see the "Confessions of a Costcoholic".

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you guys had a great time. you guys are the best and i know you'll have a great time while we're in Alaska!

Brooke said...

The grimace is totally genetic. Preston is too cute. Love it that he does the grimace. What a fun week!

Big O said...

love that chubbs.