What can I say, but WOW!
As you can imagine, I am just ecstatic with the great purchase I've made.
Well, if you have children, don't let them read this next part.
I was cruising home at a very reasonable speed (60-65 mph) on highway 101 just a 1/2 mile before the Steamboat Island Road exit. I'm following Patti who is quite far ahead of me. As I'm driving along, I see a flash of something out of the corner of my eye to the left of the car and at the exact same nanosecond, I hear a thud, thud, thud on the side of the car. I hit my brakes to slow down, and look to my left to behold my left rear view mirror hanging on the side of the car by the wires in the post which controls the heating element and view control in the mirror. Of course, I am freaked out because something just hit me, which seemed to be in the form of a deer. I mean, this deer ran into me. It didn't run in front of me, it ran into the side of me. When I drove into the garage, I stepped out of the car to behold this...
But, it wasn't just the mirror. As I looked along the side of the car, there were dents in the front panel, the driver door panel, and the rear panel. And it partially ripped of the bumper panel.
Well, you can imagine my despair. Un freakin' believeable!
I went to work trying to clean up the mess as best I could. You see, I'm a doer, not a sitter. I don't just wait for things to get fixed, I take care of them myself! I've always found that you can fix about anything with some wire and duct tape.
No need to take it to the collision center. It's still driveable!



8 comments:
What are the odds of that? That stinks. At least you got a good phone call today.
No way... classic.
that's crazy! sorry about that! love reading your girls as well as your blog! take care.
ann
Love the car! Good for you! But you better stick to doctorin' people, not cars. We have a friend that the same thing happened to. The deer leaped out and hit the side of their suburban. Decapitated the deer and then they ran over it, but not a mark on the car. Sorry you weren't so fortunate!
best blog post ever!
Poor car, but really, poor Deer! I can see the hairs in the handle. I did the duct tape, and I dig the shirt even more! (The car's pretty sweet too!)
that is why you never visit blaire. at least that one ride was nice.
glad to see you have a good attitude about it and are ok.
p.s. i have more duct tape if you need it.
Clyde,
Great deer story. I am comforted by knowing that my family is no longer the only target for deer. When I was young, we had a deer smash into the passenger side of the car. Luckily, like yourself, no one was hurt, More spooked than anything.
Nice job with the duct tape quick fix. There is a Canadian program called the Red Green Show, their host would be very proud of you. =)
Hope all is going well.
Post a Comment