PLAY BALL!
Well here's my question. How could the most awesome game in the world become a stick and a round hunk of leather, with little life left in it?
Eating hot dogs and something that looks and smells like melted cheese but is really not cheese at all!

But something was wrong, it just was not the same....
I tried to enjoy my surroundings, the smell of garlic fries, the chatter of fans,
the very uncomfortable seating, the large stadium,
the bright and blasting billboard signs, even the game it'self.
I just could not put my finger on it until I thought about it this morning,
it's not that the game is any different.
It's our perception of it!!
We have lost the idea that it's an All American Classic that belongs to anyone and everyone who has ever played the game or even enjoyed watching it. It is not only played on professional levels, but we have our children playing it in thousands of ball parks all around the world,Heck I would venture to say that 99% of the dudes in the bleachers
have batted a few balls down the field lines.
There's still the awesome wonder you feel when you get lucky and punch the ball way over their heads into the out field, the prideful taste and smell of the dirt you roll into to get your first home run and that sweet blood dripping from a wound acquired when sliding into the plate!
There is and will always be a love in my heart for the game that I have enjoyed playing through out my life.
So come what may,
PLAY BALL!



2 comments:
PATTI!!!! That was freakin' poetic!!! I just love what you wrote and agree 100%. Also I love that you've been posting more!
Ummm... Mom, do you want your mit back? I stole that forever ago and have never offered to give it back. I don't really want to give it back. It's perfectly broken in, I love the smell, love the feel... and now I take it back. I'm not ready to give it back to it's rightful owner:)
Post a Comment