
OK, this is blog about conference so I'll get to it. Conference was wonderful! We sat in the very front section with the general authority families. Guillermo and Mary, and sometimes Andrea were with us at all sessions. Anyway, the very first session, the solemn assembly was highly inspirational, an understatement. Guillermo and I, as High Priests, were able to stand and sustain President Monson as a prophet, seer, and revelator, and President of the Church. Then, Patti and Mary as members of the Relief Society were able to sustain him, then we all did as members. I felt the overwhelming confirmation AGAIN that President Monson is the Lord's prophet on the earth today. You see, I have already received that witness so many times. I know how the Lord directs His Church and how He preserves the apostle that He wants to direct the Church at any particular time.
Thank you Sister Pearson for taking the photo of the flowers.
As we were listening to the remaining General Authorities to be called, President Uchtdorf announces the calling of new members of the First Quorum of the Seventy. He announces Kevin Pearson. Kevin Pearson is the current mission president here in Tacoma. He is great man and he and his family have been down to our house to give a fireside on missionary work, so we have come to know him well. I've also chatted with him on several occasions about missionary work as well as medical problems with the missionaries. President Pearson was also one of my classmates at Olympus High School. Anyway, after President Pearson was called, I sat in my seat, thinking about all the former missionary companions and acquaintances I've had who have been called to be Stake Presidents (Bryan Larsen, Dave Golden) and mission Presidents (Tom Cavanaugh, Guillermo Antivilo) and now General Authorities (Craig Christensen, (former missionary in Chile during my tenure there), Kevin Pearson) and wondered if I will ever be able to be serviceable in the future to Jesus and His Church. Have I committed too many or too serious sins to be able to help like I ought to in the Lord's kingdom? I sat pondering this as I sustained and admired the General Authorities only yards away from me on the pulpit. Suddenly, the sweet music and words of the tabernacle choir slowly drifted through the air and broke through my consciousness--
"It may not be on a mountain high, or over the stormy sea, It may not be on the battle front [church headquarters] My Lord will have need of me...
"Perhaps today there are loving words Which Jesus would have me speak; There may be now in the paths of sin Some wand'rer whom I should seek. O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide, Tho dark and rugged the way, My voice shall echo the message sweet: 'I'll say what You want me to say.'



4 comments:
I too know that the Lord loves and frogives us, and for this I will always be grateful. Always your love. Patti Lee
1. Love the snurf board. That is so awesome. Benson will think you are the coolest G-P ever!
2. Conference it such a wonderful time to reflect and drew nearer to the Lord. I am so grateful to have parents who are such examples to me. I really appreciated your thoughts and insights Dad. I love you. Thank you.
What a nice post, Dad. I really appreciate your thoughts. Conference id such a great experience for all those you listen with open hearts. We love you and know that the Lord is having you serve exactly where he wants you too at the time. And those you serve are lucky to have you:)
PS I'm glad Preston has a poppy like you to look up too.
Oh good heavens, was I ever ECSTATIC when I came across yoru family blogs! How ARE you???? I miss your fam so much!
Love ya,
niki (willey) bennett
Post a Comment